Maze Burrow v0.4 Release
I've been hard at work on Maze Burrow over the past month, and I'm pleased to announce the release of v0.4! This update introduces a grand total of 45 levels, improved overworld navigation, and an undo feature among many other improvements!
- A fourth world has been added along with 22 more levels; this totals 4 worlds containing 45 levels!
- New undo feature: Undo previous moves!
- Improved overworld: branching paths allow you to choose which levels you want to play, and you can now look around the map.
- New level stats: your best times and moves for levels are recorded. Can you optimize your solution?
- New mole sprites: now you can see the fiends who dug out the echidna's burrow!
- Improved the game's difficulty and learning curve.
- Added visuals to indicate when a block is on mud or ice.
- Spot patterns have been made more subtle to not distract from the rest of the puzzle.
- Most rocks in boss levels now stun the player instead of forcing a level restart.
- Added current level and world information to the pause screen.
- Fixed a bug that may cause moles to hit themselves immediately upon throwing their rocks.
- Fixed a bug in which pushing a paired block that's on ice wouldn't also move its linked block.
- Fixed the loud audio overlap on the "Solved" level due to multiple blocks starting on their spots.
- Significantly reduced the time it takes to enter, exit, and restart levels.
- Added an additional new music track for levels.
NOTE: Unfortunately, save data from v0.3 is not compatible with v0.4. As Maze Burrow evolves, I'm hoping to finalize the save data format so it can stay compatible with previous versions.
I spent a lot of time working on v0.4, and I hope you enjoy all it has to offer! As a reminder, you can reach out to me and stay up to date on Maze Burrow's progress via my Twitter. Keep burrowing my friends!
Get Maze Burrow
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.