Maze Burrow v0.3 Release
Maze Burrow v0.3 is out! With this update comes significant changes in the form of player movement, boss levels, and tighter, more focused level design.
- Player movement is now locked to a grid like blocks and other objects.
- All levels have been either completely redesigned or modified in some form to be more focused. These changes were made to put more emphasis on solving levels than executing them.
- New boss levels! Redirect rocks thrown by enemies using pipe blocks to defeat them.
- Levels have been split into multiple worlds. There are 3 worlds with a total of 23 levels.
- Further increased player movement speed and block push/pull speed.
- Increased player movement speed on the overworld map.
- New Block Grab option: "Press". When this is chosen, you can toggle grabbing and releasing blocks by pressing the button.
- New control option: hold R briefly to restart levels.
- Menu controls have been made more consistent: Enter and Space are used for confirming, and X and ESC are used for going back.
- The controls menu has been merged into the options menu.
- Added identifiers to show which paired blocks are linked if more than one pair is in a level.
- You can now pull blocks on ice if you're not standing on an ice tile.
- Added a sound when a block is placed in an incorrect spot.
- Added 2 more music tracks for levels.
- Greatly improved the behavior of switch-controlled blocks. They now properly brush up against an object they collide with, leaving no space in between them and the object.
- The color of switch-controlled blocks has been changed from dark blue to gray to further differentiate them from blocks you can grab.
- Smoother overworld navigation: if you're holding both vertical and horizontal inputs, it'll move to the next available path it finds based on the inputs, provided one exists.
- Fixed a bug involving warps and paired blocks that would let you clip into a block and get out of bounds, resulting in a crash.
NOTE: Save data from v0.2 is not compatible with v0.3.
I worked very hard on v0.3, and I hope you enjoy playing it! As a reminder, you can reach out to me and stay up to date on Maze Burrow's progress via my Twitter. Have fun, and keep burrowing!
Get Maze Burrow
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.